Flying Start supports families with children under the age of 4 who often live in some of the most deprived areas of Wales. This programme aims to give all children in Wales the best possible start (flying start) in life.
The Flying Start aims to provide:
- Quality part-time childcare for 2-3 year olds
- Opportunities to see health visitors
- Help with parenting support
- Help with a child’s speech, language and communication.
To find out more about specific Flying Start programmes in your area, contact your local Family Information Service.
Within Flying Start you may find roles such as:
- Flying start leader
- Flying start practitioner.
Keep checking the website regularly as we will be featuring all the roles involved in Flying Start.