Residential children’s homes
A residential children’s home (or children's home) is a place where children and young people live when they cannot be at home with their own families. Children's homes look after children from many different backgrounds and with often challenging life experiences. As with all children, their individual needs and ambitions are encouraged by staff so that they can keep their sense of personal identity and, wherever possible, links with their communities.
Residential children’s homes aim to provide:
- A safe and stable place for children and young people to develop and grow
- Opportunities for children and young people to talk through some of the difficult issues they might have faced as well as their ambitions for the future
In residential children's homes you may find roles such as:
- Residential child care manager
- Residential child care deputy manager
- Residential child care senior care worker
- Residential child care worker
Keep checking the website regularly as we will be featuring all the roles available in residential children’s homes.
Find potential employers
View our database of social care and early years providers who may have job opportunities. This list is continually changing, so keep checking for updates.
Registering as an employer
If you’re an employer looking for the right person to work for you, register your organisation’s details below to feature on this website.