Home Care Service Co-Ordinator – Children
As a Home Care Service Co-Ordinator, you’ll co-ordinate the work of a team of Home Care Workers and Home Care Senior Care Workers. This job is sometimes called a ‘Domiciliary Care Service Co-Ordinator’.
You’ll plan and allocate home visits to an appropriate Home Care Worker/Home Care Senior Care Worker, ensuring that the skills and attributes of the worker are closely matched with the children or young people. You’ll also respond to changes to plans and rotas that happen at short notice, keeping everyone involved informed.
You’ll make sure rotas and schedules for work are organised and planned to allow staff enough time to visit people and travel between different households. You’ll liaise with family members and other professionals.
You’ll be responsible for maintaining accurate records, showing organisation and attention to detail.
To be successful in this role, you’ll need:
- A passion for working with people
- Good communication skills
- Empathy and compassion
- The ability to build trusting relationships
- To be a good team player
- To be well organised
- The ability to make and maintain accurate records
- Motivation and determination
- The ability to adapt to challenging and changing situations
- An open and inclusive approach
- The ability to give direction to other members of the team
Find out more information on qualifications and registration details for this role with Social Care Wales.