Home Care Manager
As a Home Care Manager, you’ll set the operational direction and organise the effective running of the service. You’ll ensure that staff provide the best possible care and support. This job is sometimes called a ‘Domiciliary Care Manager’.
Using a person-centred approach, you’ll work with people who need care and support, carers and other professionals to develop care plans that meet people’s physical, social, emotional and cultural needs. You’ll develop good working relationships with families, carers and other professionals supporting the individual.
You’ll provide effective leadership to staff and carry out supervisions with Home Care Deputy Managers, Home Care Workers and Home Care Senior Care Workers. You’ll communicate with relevant staff members within your team to help them understand their role in providing care and support.
You’ll complete paperwork and keep records up to date, including essential regulatory documentation.
To be successful in this role, you’ll need:
- A passion for working with people
- Good communication skills
- Empathy and compassion
- The ability to build trusting relationships
- To be a good team player
- To be well organised
- The ability to make and maintain accurate records
- Motivation and determination
- The ability to adapt to challenging and changing situations
- An open and inclusive approach
- Leadership and management skills
- The ability to give direction and supervision to other members of the team
- A full understanding of legal requirements and regulations that are involved with the role
- Attention to detail, ensuring correct information is recorded in all paperwork
Find out more information on qualifications and registration details for this role with Social Care Wales.