Head of Adults’ Services
As the Head of Adults’ Service, you’ll set strategic direction, objectives and aims, ensuring high quality professional assessment, care planning and service delivery for adults and older people.
You’ll lead on planning, development and management for services that will improve outcomes for people needing care and support. You may also deputise for the Statutory Director.
You’ll ensure a comprehensive approach to professional practice that protects vulnerable adults. You’ll work in partnership with families and partner agencies to safeguard people who may be at risk.
You’ll provide leadership, guidance and support to staff, developing confidence and resilience. You’ll ensure that staff adhere to company policies, legislation and regulations.
You’ll work with internal partners, external stakeholders and organisations.
To be successful in this role, you’ll need:
- knowledge of the relevant legislation in Wales
- understanding of professional practice and different approaches to safeguard and empower
- knowledge of best practice and where to access evidence
- management and leadership skills
- change management and improvement skills
- excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- a flexible approach to work
- the ability to empathise and balance different professional perspectives
- the ability to be creative and solution-focussed
- the ability to build effective relationships
- a focus on service delivery and performance
- the ability to promote equality and diversity
- the ability to empower teams and individuals
- the ability to adapt to changing circumstances
- resilience and the ability to deal with difficult situations
- the ability to think critically, using evidence to inform decisions
- good time management and organisational skills
- computer literacy.
Find out more information on qualifications details for this role with Social Care Wales.