Care Home Deputy Manager
As a Care Home Deputy Manager, you’ll support the manager of the care home to ensure the home runs effectively.
You’ll have thorough knowledge of the care plan for each of the residents. Using a person-centred approach, you’ll support each resident with their physical, social, emotional and cultural needs.
You’ll provide leadership, guidance and support to staff. You’ll ensure that staff adhere to company policies, legislations and regulations. You’ll carry out supervision for Care Home Workers and Senior Care Home Workers, and oversee staff training and development.
You’ll comply with company policies and procedures, and support management to ensure that day to day operations are completed. You’ll also communicate with external agencies to ensure that relevant care standards are met.
You’ll be responsible for completing paperwork and keeping up to date records for each resident.
To be successful in this role, you’ll need:
- A passion for caring for elderly people and their families
- Good communication skills
- Empathy and compassion
- The ability to build trusting relationships
- To be a good team player
- Organisational skills
- The ability to make and maintain accurate records
- Motivation and determination
- The ability to adapt to challenging and changing situations
- An open and inclusive approach
- The ability to give direction to other members of the team
- Leadership and management skills
Find out more information on qualifications and registration details for this role with Social Care Wales.