As an Advanced Practitioner you’ll be responsible for providing day care for children. Working as part of a team you will help to create a safe, welcoming and inclusive environment for children, to support their care, play, learning and development. You’ll observe and record children’s development and plan activities to support their continued learning and development. You may also be responsible for providing guidance and support to Practitioners and Assistant Practitioners. The difference between the Practitioner and Advanced Practitioner’s role is that you may lead in on an area for example Foundation Phase or additional learning needs.
This role can offer the opportunity for a varied and rewarding career. You may be supported to gain the required qualifications and training which will help you to carry out your role to the highest standard.
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- A caring and patient nature
- Good communication, including verbal and listening skills
- Imagination and creativity
- Adaptable to changing situations
- Ability to be inclusive to all children
- Able to take direction from the Manager
- Confidence around children and adults
- Ability to provide direction to Assistant Practitioners
More information on qualifications for this role can be found here: https://socialcare.wales/qualification-framework/job-roles/full-day-care-and-crèche-facilities-for-children-below-the-age-of-eight-years/day-care-creche-advanced-practitioner-deputy-manager