As an Advanced Practitioner you'll be responsible for providing day care for children.
Working as part of a team you'll help create a safe, welcoming and inclusive environment for children, to support their care, play, learning and development. You’ll observe and record children’s development and plan activities to support their continued learning and development.
The difference between the Practitioner and Advanced Practitioner’s role is that you may lead on an area for example Foundation Phase or additional learning needs.
To be successful in this role, you'll need:
- A caring and patient nature
- Good communication, including verbal and listening skills
- Imagination and creativity
- To be able to adapt to changing situations
- To make sure every child is included
- To be able to take direction from the Manager
- Confidence around children and adults
- To be able to provide direction to Assistant Practitioners
Find out more information on qualifications for this role with Social Care Wales.