Adult Care Home Senior Care Worker
As an Adult Care Home Senior Care Worker, you’ll provide care and support to residents, while helping them to maintain their independence and exercise choice.
Working as part of a team with other care professionals, you’ll support the residents in developing and implementing a care plan suitable to their personal physical, social, emotional and cultural needs and preferences.
You’ll support management to ensure that day to day operations are completed. You’ll also lead, co-ordinate and develop a team of care workers within the care home.
You’ll be responsible for completing paperwork and keeping up to date records for each resident.
To be successful in this role, you’ll need:
- A passion for caring for elderly people and their families
- Good communication skills
- Empathy and compassion
- The ability to build trusting relationships
- To be a good team player
- Organisational skills
- The ability to make and maintain accurate records
- Motivation and determination
- The ability to adapt to challenging and changing situations
- An open and inclusive approach
- The ability to give direction to other members of the team
Find out more information on qualifications for this role with Social Care Wales.