Adult Care Home Activities Co-Ordinator
As an Adult Care Home Activities Co-Ordinator, you’ll be responsible to create a programme of activities for the residents of the care home.
You’ll spend time getting to know the residents and their families and this will enable you to devise a tailored programme of activities. The programme will focus on supporting the wellbeing, independence and social engagement of the residents and will involve group activities along with individual hobbies and interests.
You’ll plan, find and book external facilitators who’ll provide sessions that are stimulating and inclusive for the residents.
To be successful in this role, you’ll need:
- A passion for caring for elderly people and their families
- Good communication skills
- Empathy and compassion
- The ability to build trusting relationships
- A good team player
- Organisational skills
- Creativity and flexibility
- The ability to make and maintain accurate records
Find out more information on qualifications for this role with Social Care Wales.